November 15, 2022
ENGAGE Partners and the Institut du Développement Durable et des Relations Internationales feature opportunities for international collaboration to support enhanced national ambition.
This event presents a globally comprehensive multi-model stocktake on the gap between current pledges and the Paris Agreement goals. It then presents several scenarios to ratchet up ambition of the NDCs and long-term goals, as well as the global enablers for eight major economies to implement deep decarbonisation pathways in their countries, according to in-country analyses and experts. These strategies and enablers constitute poignant themes for global climate discussions, including the GST.
- Introduction by Vicky Pollard, EC DG Clima (5 min)
- Presentation on current pledges and the emission gap, by Bas van Ruijven, IIASA (10 min)
- Presentation of scenarios to close the emission gap, by Isabela Schmidt Tagomori, PBL (10 min)
- Presentation on the global narratives, by Johannes Svensson, IDDRI (10 min)
- Presentation of the global enablers emerging from a country analysis (Brazil), by Emilio Lèbre la Rovere, COPPE (10 min)
- Q&A (15 min)
Register and join at the following link!
Visit our Resources for Policymakers page to read our latest policy briefs!